MNguyen wrote:I see
I think you made the right decision
If the breeders can send you the koi that would be awesome avoid being away from home
I am consider essential service but starting 2weeks lock down at home also
Some more good news, sort of, the last day for the shipment to come on the flight it normally does to Chicago is March 31st. There is another flight that will continue to arrive, at Chicago from Tokyo, but instead of arriving at 9am in the morning it arrives at 2pm. This means everything is delayed getting to my place. The one time I used the 2pm flight I got back to my place at midnight. I prefer the earlier flight.
When I ordered my permit I requested April 1st so I needed to try to change thew permit. The permit was being processed so I could not change it. I called the USDA, in Chicago, told them what is going on and, while we were talking on the phone, she says," wait, your permit just came in on the computer and I will make the change for you." If I had to change the permit online it could add a couple of days to the process, which we didn't really have, so this was perfect timing. Looks like, if everything else goes as planned, that this small shipment will arrive on March 31st.