Tokyo-Hiroshima-Ojiya-Isawa Bound PSKoi Winter 2017

This area is designed to document all trips to Japan.
Russell Peters
Site Admin

Re: Tokyo-Hiroshima-Ojiya-Isawa Bound PSKoi Winter 2017

Postby Russell Peters » January 12th, 2017, 7:23 am

Velvetbone wrote:Hi Russell,
Thought it might be best to communicate through this site. Yes, please insure we get the smaller of the two measuring plates. The larger one will need to wait till next time.

I could have swore someone had told me that you were buying Matsuda nets. If not my apologies.

Not to get our hopes up, but let's say, for example, you found a few quality tategoi, when would they be ready to ship after quarantine?

Thanks in advance,
Vince

Yes, they would be ready to ship after QT.
Dealer & US Agent for INC
www.pskoi.com
https://www.facebook.com/russell.peters.984
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

Russell Peters
Site Admin

Postby Russell Peters » January 13th, 2017, 7:43 am

I was asked, on another board, what breeders I plan to attend on this trip. I will be going from the AJKS, in Tokyo, to Hiroshima first. I plan to visit the usual suspects, Momotaro, Taniguchi, Matsue, Tamaura and Omosako but I am staying for six full days so the plan is also to visit a few breeders that I have never been to. At this point that will remain a secret.
Ojiya is next and I am only spending four days there. Hosokai, Sekiguchi(there may be something special there), Kobayashi, Murata, Marusei and Torazo are on the list for sure. I will then spend two day in Isawa at INC. As with all trips things can change.
www.pskoi.com
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

rufretic

Postby rufretic » January 13th, 2017, 1:43 pm

Very exciting, sounds like you got a great list and I love surprises!

Is it possible to keep a look out for a price range vs a specific type? Like for example, I'd like to find a really nice koi in the $400-$600 price range. How hard would it to look out for any really nice koi for that price range? I'm specifically looking for a kujaku but if your having a hard time finding a nice one in that range I don't want to miss out on something else that might be a really nice koi in that range. I like just about all types, I really just want to get the best koi I can with my limited budget.

Russell Peters
Site Admin

Postby Russell Peters » January 13th, 2017, 5:38 pm

rufretic wrote:Very exciting, sounds like you got a great list and I love surprises!

Is it possible to keep a look out for a price range vs a specific type? Like for example, I'd like to find a really nice koi in the $400-$600 price range. How hard would it to look out for any really nice koi for that price range? I'm specifically looking for a kujaku but if your having a hard time finding a nice one in that range I don't want to miss out on something else that might be a really nice koi in that range. I like just about all types, I really just want to get the best koi I can with my limited budget.

I am really not sure. I think you can forget Kujaku as you are not going to get a great Nusai at that price and I am not sure if Tosai will be available. You can PM me a request of any type but a lot of requests people have asked for I am not usually able to find. The biggest reason is that finding one Koi for someone, at a specific breeder, means I have to buy a whole box of Koi just to get that one. This is something I just can't do. Sometimes it will work out that the same breeder will have something else I can sell as well but that is usually not the case.
www.pskoi.com
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

rufretic

Postby rufretic » January 14th, 2017, 7:07 am

That's understandable. I would possibly buy multiple Tosai at a lower price as well but I'd really be relying on you to decide if they are nice or not, Tosai seem to be very difficult for me to judge still. All you can do is keep an eye out, if you see any that might be an option great, if not, I'm sure you'll find something I like.

Russell Peters
Site Admin

Postby Russell Peters » January 14th, 2017, 7:57 am

I got this from Shinkokai yesterday
Attachments
DPP_002.JPG
DPP_002.JPG (502.08 KiB) Viewed 2351 times
www.pskoi.com
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

sschult

Postby sschult » January 16th, 2017, 4:03 am

Nice.
At some point common sense must prevail.

Wildcat

Postby Wildcat » January 19th, 2017, 6:01 pm

Russell, I'm a sanke man. You all ready know that. My 4yr old sanke is 29" and body to kill for. Thanks

Jonathan1982

Postby Jonathan1982 » January 23rd, 2017, 5:24 pm

Hey Russ,

Any good quality Gosankes (Tosai) for me. I will be looking out for the pics/options here. Thanks in advance.

kdh

Postby kdh » January 23rd, 2017, 8:35 pm

Wildcat wrote:Russell, I'm a sanke man. You all ready know that. My 4yr old sanke is 29" and body to kill for. Thanks

pics?

Return to “Japan Buying Trips”