Ojiya/Tokyo/Hiroshima/Isawa bound PSKoi Winter 2018

This area is designed to document all trips to Japan.
User avatar
Russell Peters
Site Admin
Posts: 2932
Joined: December 11th, 2016, 9:49 am
Contact:

Re: Ojiya/Tokyo/Hiroshima/Isawa bound PSKoi Winter 2018

Postby Russell Peters » January 25th, 2018, 5:48 am

Jonathan1982 wrote:Hi Russ,

Do you have a list of breeders you are going to visiting this trip?


At this point I really don't. I have sent out requests for what I am looking for and am waiting to see where we end up. I am going to Hosokai, Sekiguchi, Omosako, Tamaura, Matsue and Taniguchi for sure.
Dealer & US Agent for INC
www.pskoi.com
https://www.facebook.com/russell.peters.984
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

Jonathan1982
Posts: 30
Joined: January 23rd, 2017, 10:16 am

Re: Ojiya/Tokyo/Hiroshima/Isawa bound PSKoi Winter 2018

Postby Jonathan1982 » January 25th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Russell Peters wrote:
Jonathan1982 wrote:Hi Russ,

Do you have a list of breeders you are going to visiting this trip?


At this point I really don't. I have sent out requests for what I am looking for and am waiting to see where we end up. I am going to Hosokai, Sekiguchi, Omosako, Tamaura, Matsue and Taniguchi for sure.



Looking forward to it Russ. Will be following closely. Will you be gong to INC?

User avatar
Russell Peters
Site Admin
Posts: 2932
Joined: December 11th, 2016, 9:49 am
Contact:

Re: Ojiya/Tokyo/Hiroshima/Isawa bound PSKoi Winter 2018

Postby Russell Peters » January 26th, 2018, 5:45 am

Jonathan1982 wrote:
Russell Peters wrote:
Jonathan1982 wrote:Hi Russ,

Do you have a list of breeders you are going to visiting this trip?


At this point I really don't. I have sent out requests for what I am looking for and am waiting to see where we end up. I am going to Hosokai, Sekiguchi, Omosako, Tamaura, Matsue and Taniguchi for sure.



Looking forward to it Russ. Will be following closely. Will you be gong to INC?


Yes, I forgot about that, last November I did not go to INC but I am going there for two days at the end of the trip.
Dealer & US Agent for INC
www.pskoi.com
https://www.facebook.com/russell.peters.984
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

User avatar
Russell Peters
Site Admin
Posts: 2932
Joined: December 11th, 2016, 9:49 am
Contact:

Re: Ojiya/Tokyo/Hiroshima/Isawa bound PSKoi Winter 2018

Postby Russell Peters » January 26th, 2018, 5:47 am

I am leaving for the airport in about two hours. There are no good flights from Indianapolis to Narita Japan. I will fly to LAX, and spend the night, then leave for japan on Saturday morning. This is still less expensive than flying from San Francisco.
Dealer & US Agent for INC
www.pskoi.com
https://www.facebook.com/russell.peters.984
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

User avatar
Russell Peters
Site Admin
Posts: 2932
Joined: December 11th, 2016, 9:49 am
Contact:

Re: Ojiya/Tokyo/Hiroshima/Isawa bound PSKoi Winter 2018

Postby Russell Peters » January 28th, 2018, 3:20 pm

I am in Nagaoka now. I got here at about 8pm Japan time last night and, for the first time in a long time, everything went smoothly. It is now about 8:15am Monday morning. I used to stay in Ojiya but didn’t really like the congestion and being at small hotels where every one stays. Nagaoka is much larger, although 45 minutes further from Koi, it has its convieniences. One of those is that there usually isn’t as much snow. This year all bets are off as there is an abundance of snow everywhere. It wasn’t snowing when I got here but it snowed overnight and it is still snowing now. Hopefully I will be posting Koi in about 10 hours.
Dealer & US Agent for INC
www.pskoi.com
https://www.facebook.com/russell.peters.984
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

BullGator
Posts: 9
Joined: December 27th, 2016, 11:29 am

Re: Ojiya/Tokyo/Hiroshima/Isawa bound PSKoi Winter 2018

Postby BullGator » January 28th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Stay warm, hope you have a great trip!

Excited to catch this thread from the beginning for a change.
BG

Euryth
Posts: 37
Joined: December 19th, 2016, 11:06 am

Re: Ojiya/Tokyo/Hiroshima/Isawa bound PSKoi Winter 2018

Postby Euryth » January 28th, 2018, 5:27 pm

Glad you arrived safely, Russell! Excited to see what you'll be sorting through this trip. Any idea which of the unusual varieties you're looking for?

User avatar
Russell Peters
Site Admin
Posts: 2932
Joined: December 11th, 2016, 9:49 am
Contact:

Re: Ojiya/Tokyo/Hiroshima/Isawa bound PSKoi Winter 2018

Postby Russell Peters » January 29th, 2018, 4:42 am

Euryth wrote:Glad you arrived safely, Russell! Excited to see what you'll be sorting through this trip. Any idea which of the unusual varieties you're looking for?


Nope, just looking for what ever I can find. I found some today and I have no idea what they are called.
Dealer & US Agent for INC
www.pskoi.com
https://www.facebook.com/russell.peters.984
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

User avatar
Russell Peters
Site Admin
Posts: 2932
Joined: December 11th, 2016, 9:49 am
Contact:

Re: Ojiya/Tokyo/Hiroshima/Isawa bound PSKoi Winter 2018

Postby Russell Peters » January 29th, 2018, 4:43 am

BullGator wrote:Stay warm, hope you have a great trip!

Excited to catch this thread from the beginning for a change.


Thanks, I have had a little bit of practice, in the cold, in Indiana. It is not nearly as cold here as it has been back home.
Dealer & US Agent for INC
www.pskoi.com
https://www.facebook.com/russell.peters.984
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

User avatar
Russell Peters
Site Admin
Posts: 2932
Joined: December 11th, 2016, 9:49 am
Contact:

Re: Ojiya/Tokyo/Hiroshima/Isawa bound PSKoi Winter 2018

Postby Russell Peters » January 29th, 2018, 4:45 am

Like I said earlier today it did snow overnight.
Attachments
DPP_002.JPG
DPP_002.JPG (555.43 KiB) Viewed 971 times
DPP_003.JPG
DPP_003.JPG (553.27 KiB) Viewed 971 times
Dealer & US Agent for INC
www.pskoi.com
https://www.facebook.com/russell.peters.984
MATSUNOSUKE GIN


Return to “Japan Buying Trips”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests