Ojiya-Hiroshima Bound PSKoi Fall 2017

This area is designed to document all trips to Japan.
Koisan

Re: Ojiya-Hiroshima Bound PSKoi Winter 2017

Postby Koisan » November 2nd, 2017, 2:31 pm

Look like beni is stretching and going thru changes as the kohaku bulk up substantially. Sashi appears where I don't think was present last year. Russ, is that common or only when koi with thick skin and beni could this happen?

PinkRules

Postby PinkRules » November 2nd, 2017, 6:10 pm

Koisan wrote:Look like beni is stretching and going thru changes as the kohaku bulk up substantially. Sashi appears where I don't think was present last year. Russ, is that common or only when koi with thick skin and beni could this happen?

I don't see much evidence of beni stretching.

Koisan

Postby Koisan » November 2nd, 2017, 11:05 pm

PinkRules wrote:
Koisan wrote:Look like beni is stretching and going thru changes as the kohaku bulk up substantially. Sashi appears where I don't think was present last year. Russ, is that common or only when koi with thick skin and beni could this happen?

Kiwa is messier as well. I don't think it's going to be a problem and it's just a process that beni goes through. I've seen some koi with white skin/scale growing over beni and thought if it's a sign of good fukurin that will develop as koi get older and bigger. :YMDAYDREAM:

Russell Peters
Site Admin

Postby Russell Peters » November 3rd, 2017, 3:33 pm

Koisan wrote:
PinkRules wrote:

Kiwa is messier as well. I don't think it's going to be a problem and it's just a process that beni goes through. I've seen some koi with white skin/scale growing over beni and thought if it's a sign of good fukurin that will develop as koi get older and bigger. :YMDAYDREAM:

Hi John, I have been looking at this for quite some time and don't see what you see. I can't find anything wrong with the Sashi , or Kiwa, that wasn't there from the beginning and don't see that it is worse. It looks like normal progression to me and a little bit better.
Attachments
Kohak.jpg
Kohak.jpg (128.22 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
Dealer & US Agent for INC
www.pskoi.com
https://www.facebook.com/russell.peters.984
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

Russell Peters
Site Admin

Postby Russell Peters » November 4th, 2017, 10:03 am

Koisan wrote:
PinkRules wrote:

John, M and I have been talking more about this and, maybe she will chime in later, we think the main difference is that last year she had not seen a mud pond and was grown in a concrete tank. This would give her more polish at the time we bought her. This year she had just come out of the mud when the pictures were taken so she is not as polished.
www.pskoi.com
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

Koisan

Postby Koisan » November 4th, 2017, 11:56 pm

:X Don't get me wrong, I think the kohaku improved tremendously, I was just thinking beni will go through changes as it matures and as koi grow. I am learning to see what these changes maybe during different stages of growth so I won't shy away from a koi even when they are not "polished" . Excellent quality all and all.

Russell Peters
Site Admin

Postby Russell Peters » November 9th, 2017, 5:54 pm

Koiinthetube wrote:
PinkRules wrote:
Marilyn wrote:
Yes, it's so nice to see that Hosokai has made such strides to reinvent the variety. I do believe it is called Goshiki Shigure though when I bought mine it was called Ochiba Goshiki.

I think Rain also trademarked a different name for it.

I'm really sure it is called Goshiki Ochiba. Over ten years ago,I saw a beautiful G.Ochiba at Hosokai koi farm. I asked Masaru to buy it, but it turned out that's one of his parent koi,so I got a Mame Goshiki from him instead.

I found a Koi ID poster that calls it 'Ochiba Goshiki' as well.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 8.35.40 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 8.35.40 PM.jpg (207.89 KiB) Viewed 859 times
www.pskoi.com
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

Return to “Japan Buying Trips”