tosai that suprised me

Area for members to share ideas and information.
KurtG

tosai that suprised me

Postby KurtG » August 28th, 2017, 5:53 pm

I wish I was better at bowling my koi. I was drawn to Tamaura Sanke #44 on what seemed like a pattern gamble. It has been my most shy tosai but has developed better than I could have hoped and is now busy showing off at feeding time :-BD

I am going to make an effort to bowl them all when the net comes off in a few weeks and the winter cover goes on. I think my largest koi (Dainichi Monsterx tosai May 2014 -guess that makes it 4 yo) might finally be at/close to 30" based on the feeding hoop but not sure I have anything large enough to measure it in.

tamaura44all.jpg
tamaura44all.jpg (67.76 KiB) Viewed 1914 times

tamaura44.jpg
tamaura44.jpg (324.85 KiB) Viewed 1914 times

Russell Peters
Site Admin

Re: tosai that suprised me

Postby Russell Peters » September 10th, 2017, 8:59 pm

I am looking forward to updates. Some of the Tamaura Sanke impressed me quite a bit. Very nice Beni.
Dealer & US Agent for INC
www.pskoi.com
https://www.facebook.com/russell.peters.984
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

KurtG

Postby KurtG » September 14th, 2017, 3:45 am

Going to try to get updates tomorrow or Sat depending on the forecasted rain. Finally have a free day since working non-stop on hurricanes since 8/24. The one free afternoon I did have, I got a new frame built over the pond (1 5/8" tubing w/greenhouse/awning fittings) so the net is no longer in my way of getting to the fish.

The short of it on the tamaura sanke is none of that underlying sumi came up (hopefully most will stay away), what was up remained, the hi on the head really pops with the shiroji starting to thicken and shine where it was gray before.

My INC sanke looks to have a nose problem, but it's so fast I cant tell what it is (injury or coloration issue). beni also seems to be breaking apart. Might be the first I try to catch. I think this may be the only fish to cull so far over the last two years of picks.

All three of my Kobayashi fish from the year before continue to develop.

KurtG

Postby KurtG » September 15th, 2017, 10:57 am

I utterly failed at bowling and spent almost two hours. Easy to catch anything over 18", but I was after the tosai. Nope no how, no way. I had two jumping missiles. I need a new net or a buddy to help seine (I have a seine). Kids were at school.

I did net my Kobayashi tancho showa from spring 2016:

PinkRules

Postby PinkRules » September 16th, 2017, 9:56 pm

That tancho is nice now. I think it will be nicer later.

Return to “Members Area”