Tri_State ZNA Koi Show - PSKoi

Area for members to share ideas and information.
bdel01

Re: Tri_State ZNA Koi Show - PSKoi

Postby bdel01 » July 7th, 2017, 2:47 pm

A lot of ginrin chagoi. Definitely on my list!
-best
ben

PinkRules

Postby PinkRules » July 7th, 2017, 5:09 pm

inazuma28 wrote:Its crazy because most of the Matsue koi i see available elsewhere over the years have had wonky bodies and/or bulging eyes. I went a very long time thinking I did not care for his fish but then I started to see prime examples of what gets produced at that farm, like this koi, and im shocked at how beautiful and youthful his big fish are.

Matsue must have multiple kohaku oyagoi pairs. The particular line that always gets me excited is the one with silky white skin. Look up M's Matsue for the reference look.

Russell Peters
Site Admin

Postby Russell Peters » July 7th, 2017, 6:57 pm

PinkRules wrote:
inazuma28 wrote:Its crazy because most of the Matsue koi i see available elsewhere over the years have had wonky bodies and/or bulging eyes. I went a very long time thinking I did not care for his fish but then I started to see prime examples of what gets produced at that farm, like this koi, and im shocked at how beautiful and youthful his big fish are.

Matsue must have multiple kohaku oyagoi pairs. The particular line that always gets me excited is the one with silky white skin. Look up M's Matsue for the reference look.

M and I bought these at the same time. Hers lost the Beni on its head so she donated it to a temple in Japan.
Dealer & US Agent for INC
www.pskoi.com
https://www.facebook.com/russell.peters.984
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

PinkRules

Postby PinkRules » July 7th, 2017, 9:16 pm

Russell Peters wrote:
PinkRules wrote:

M and I bought these at the same time. Hers lost the Beni on its head so she donated it to a temple in Japan.

Ouch! I thought the beni held. Beni god likes to strike the best fish. The two Matsue have the same type of skin. I have never seen skin like that from other breeders. Other sensuke breeders have fish that look very different in almost every way.

Marilyn

Postby Marilyn » July 8th, 2017, 2:07 pm

Of all the places she could have lost beni, it was rotten to see it gone from her head. Aside from being bald, she was looking amazing.
I have plans to replace her with another Matsue at some point. His koi are simply too lovely to pass up long term. After we move I will be on the lookout for a Matsue part deux. The one Russ has is a huge flirt so she keeps replacing mine in the forefront, lol.

PinkRules

Postby PinkRules » July 9th, 2017, 6:10 pm

Marilyn wrote:Of all the places she could have lost beni, it was rotten to see it gone from her head. Aside from being bald, she was looking amazing.
I have plans to replace her with another Matsue at some point. His koi are simply too lovely to pass up long term. After we move I will be on the lookout for a Matsue part deux. The one Russ has is a huge flirt so she keeps replacing mine in the forefront, lol.

Matsue kohaku is on my list also, pocketbook permitting.

A nice combo of a) the body of Mark's Takigawa and b) Silky white skin of HQ Matsue ... would be very nice.

Russell Peters
Site Admin

Postby Russell Peters » July 9th, 2017, 7:07 pm

PinkRules wrote:
Marilyn wrote:Of all the places she could have lost beni, it was rotten to see it gone from her head. Aside from being bald, she was looking amazing.

Matsue kohaku is on my list also, pocketbook permitting.

A nice combo of a) the body of Mark's Takigawa and b) Silky white skin of HQ Matsue ... would be very nice.

$$$$$
www.pskoi.com
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

bdel01

Postby bdel01 » July 10th, 2017, 10:41 am

any red labels making there way for display?
-best
ben

Russell Peters
Site Admin

Postby Russell Peters » July 10th, 2017, 10:54 am

bdel01 wrote:any red labels making there way for display?

No, they are not here yet, but I will not be traveling with them until we move to Indiana. Then I can drive to these shows.
www.pskoi.com
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

Russell Peters
Site Admin

Postby Russell Peters » July 21st, 2017, 10:10 pm

Just about a week to go and the Tosai are looking so very good. It is hard to decide what to bring. I watch them every day for an hour or so and each day the list grows longer.
www.pskoi.com
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

Return to “Members Area”