Sekiguchi Showa Tosai 1-31-18

All of the Koi listed on the site will also be on http://www.pskoistore.com This section will have more pictures and/or video of the Koi listed for sale at the pskoistore. There will be links from that site to this one. Once here you will be able to go back to the pskoistore by pressing the banner link on this forum.
bdel01

Re: Sekiguchi Showa Tosai 1-31-18

Postby bdel01 » February 22nd, 2018, 6:01 pm

I'll take 4
-best
ben

Russell Peters
Site Admin

Postby Russell Peters » February 23rd, 2018, 5:53 am

bdel01 wrote:I'll take 4

OK, I will mark it for you, thank you.
Dealer & US Agent for INC
www.pskoi.com
https://www.facebook.com/russell.peters.984
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

bdel01

Postby bdel01 » February 28th, 2018, 8:11 am

Russell Peters wrote:Showa are a 'black' based fish. One of the things I see that people have difficulty with is, when Showa are Tosai and sometimes Nisai, they tend to have thinner skin and you see a lot of underlying Sumi. The skin can often be 'off' colored as well. I always respond with, "it will whiten up as the Koi matures." I have never really had an example of before and after to show this before but now I have a decent one. This is a Tamaura Showa Tosai I got a year ago. The picture in the blue bowl was when I first got it and what I wish I had was a picture two months later as the Shiroji got even darker. This was from underlying Sumi. I knew it would not all come up so I decided to keep this one to show what happens. The second picture was sent to me a day ago by Jim Wood, who I told the whole story about the Showa, and he took the picture of the Showa in his pond. His pond is holding all of the Koi I have here in the US. You can see that the Shiroji is whitening up very, very nicely as it is getting thicker. The underlying Sumi on this Showa made the face, and most of the body, darker than Sekiguchi #10.

Can this also be said for Shiro Utsuri where we can see some individual scattered underlying sumi?
-best
ben

Russell Peters
Site Admin

Postby Russell Peters » March 1st, 2018, 11:01 am

bdel01 wrote:
Russell Peters wrote:Showa are a 'black' based fish. One of the things I see that people have difficulty with is, when Showa are Tosai and sometimes Nisai, they tend to have thinner skin and you see a lot of underlying Sumi. The skin can often be 'off' colored as well. I always respond with, "it will whiten up as the Koi matures." I have never really had an example of before and after to show this before but now I have a decent one. This is a Tamaura Showa Tosai I got a year ago. The picture in the blue bowl was when I first got it and what I wish I had was a picture two months later as the Shiroji got even darker. This was from underlying Sumi. I knew it would not all come up so I decided to keep this one to show what happens. The second picture was sent to me a day ago by Jim Wood, who I told the whole story about the Showa, and he took the picture of the Showa in his pond. His pond is holding all of the Koi I have here in the US. You can see that the Shiroji is whitening up very, very nicely as it is getting thicker. The underlying Sumi on this Showa made the face, and most of the body, darker than Sekiguchi #10.

Can this also be said for Shiro Utsuri where we can see some individual scattered underlying sumi?

I have seen Shiro patterns come up that do not match the underlying Sumi. It is also important to note that you do not have to see underlying Sumi for Sumi to come up.
Dealer & US Agent for INC
www.pskoi.com
https://www.facebook.com/russell.peters.984
MATSUNOSUKE GIN

bdel01

Postby bdel01 » March 2nd, 2018, 9:49 am

good point, keep the knowledge coming!
-best
ben

Return to “Koi and Product Sales”